Friday, January 25, 2008

time flying by

I can't believe over a week has past since I last posted. I really wanted to keep up with this. Where did the days go?

I have a theme for my Play on Words challenge doll. Her image is forming in my head.

That is how I create. I spend days, weeks, months (sometimes) envisioning a doll. When I can finally see the doll clearly in my mind's eye, then I begin to construct her. Constructing the doll takes much less time than envisioning. I have spent so much time viewing her and how I will make her, that when I start work on the doll it goes fairly quickly. There are very few sketches. I do not draw well. I wish I did so I could put the images in my head down on paper. I envy those that draw. What a gift to have!

I must choose a song lyric for a round robin doll I will be making. I love round robins (a group of people, usually 5 or 6, each make the beginning of a doll. Each person chooses a title for their doll according to a group theme. A mailing list is formed. on a predetermined date, each round robin member mails her dill to the next person on the mailing list. That person then works on the doll and mails it onto the next. The doll makes a full circle journey, each artist adding touches and structure to the doll as the doll is mailed to them.) I have a few lyrics in mind but have not decided which one yet.

I have begun work on the order that was placed for a chef people wreath. I think he will come out well. I am posting a photo of one I have previously done

Well it is time for bed. Good night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your gourd dolls! I was tagged for this 7 Things meme so I'm passing it on to you. The rules of the game are when you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 people and link to them. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged. It's actually a nice way to see more blogs. Don't hate me LOL.