Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another critique


My last critique was a little different than the others. When I walked in the artist glanced at my work. If I read body language well, she was not pleased. My work was put with the others waiting for critiques. She picked up a beautiful painting , glanced over at And Sunny Holds the Rainbow with a look I was not sure about. My insecurities led me to believe she thought my work was quite inferior . However I was wrong. When she finaly gave in, heaving a sigh, she said " This is the first time I have ever been asked to critique a CRAFT. I smiled and nodded my head. "I came here to hear what people think, I will listen and use what I can."She had some
great suggestions. Had I let the little barbed word "craft" bother me, I would have most likely blocked out her wonderful suggestions. I really think I can use what she suggested to really create a better "craft" and a more pleasing art doll

No comments: